Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back to Buenos Aires

We decided to drive from Rio to Beunos Aires without stopping.  The route took us through Sao Paulo, Curitiba, Iguacu, Posadas, then to BA.  35 hours and more than 2800 kilometers.  One of us would drive and the other would sleep.  Then we would switch.

On the way home, the trip had one last gem for us.  I was driving through the flat pasture of Argentina at night.  We were in the middle of nowhere.  There was no moon that night and no artificial light whatsoever.  I happened to look up at the sky and was taken aback.  I have never seen a more magnificent night sky.  I pulled over and we got out to look. 

I could see the band of light that was the Milky Way.  Isaiah 40:22 says that Jehovah is "stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze."  It really did look like that.  We could make out all sorts of constellations.  It looked almost like an organism.  Incredible.

We got back to Buenos Aires at about 5am, Monday the 18th.  Then I went to sleep. :)

All in all, it was an awesome trip.  I'm sure I'll be going back one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment