Sunday, January 9, 2011

Red Bull

At the English Convention in September, I met some friends from Santos who invited me to help in the ministry there.  As you may have noticed from previous posts, Brazil is very cool.  So I jumped at the opportunity.

Santos is an island south of Sao Paulo.  And the beach there is gorgeous.  It is lined with a huge garden, including statues and fountains.  I just realized I don't have any pictures of it during a nice day, so here are some night shots:


Ah wait, here's a shot of the coastline:



The ministry there was also nice.  Santos is a huge port so there are many cruise ships that stop there.  Often, the crew enjoy reading about the Bible.  So we spent some time talking with them.

I also met an awesome Nigerian man who so very much appreciated the Bible.  We quickly became friends as we studied the scriptures and I was sad to have to leave him.  He even gave me a shirt!

I stayed with a lovely couple, Agenildo and Isabel, who, like the entire group there, were very hospitable.  They knew I like to eat, so they lined up some nice places to go to... including a place that has Filet Mignon Pizza.  I am not making this up!


It was excellent!

The weather fluctuated between wickedly hot and rain.  When the rain wasn't too bad we went to the beach anyway.  And when it was, well... Law and Order marathons!

On Saturday we went to Guaruja, which is a magnificent beach.  Check it out, although pictures really don't do it justice: 


You may be wondering why the title of this post is Red Bull.  Well, if you visit Brazil you'll find out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment